Spring Staple: The Fuschia Lip

Ready for a little makeup bag spring cleaning? Now's the perfect time to toss out those dusty old formulas and breathe a little new life into your look...

First on my spring staple list is the perfect fuschia lipstick - in particular the creamy, semi-matte NARS Funny Face. It looks like such a bright, punchy color in the tube, but something about this particular hue makes it completely wearable and fresh, much more youthful and casual than the classic, slightly stuffy red. The formula is incredible - soft and velvety, but shockingly long lasting, with no bleeding or feathering to speak of. Just lush, rich pigment and hydrated lips. And though I've seen it flatter a myriad of skintones and colorings, I must say it looks particularly brilliant with green eyes. For the record, I'm terrified of bright lippies - I live in fear of the deranged clown look - so if I can wear this and feel good about it, anyone can.

Just add clean, dewy skin, fluttery lashes and voila -  the perfect antidote to this cold, ever hesitant spring.

Has a lip color ever suprised you with it's wearability? Are you feeling the fuschia lip trend? Tell me all about it below!

2 comments:

  1. i think fuschia lip color has always been really pretty. love nars, too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty! This shade's my favorite, but there's so many nice ones out there right now.

      Delete