Bluebell Time


I've spent far, far too much time this week browsing through these incredible posters at the London Transport Museum website. My favorites are the stylish, 1930's ads to promote parks and gardens, and getting people out of the city for a spot of fresh air. Of course bluebell season is my favorite, but there's also beautiful crocus and daffodil prints, all with that gorgeous Art Deco-feel about them that's absolutely my cup of tea.  I've already picked out about a dozen that are going to look absolutely smashing in my fantasy manor house. Until then, I think I'm going to go with the top one for my little cottage's bedroom wall - a little reminder of fragrant spring even on the greyest of days.

Check out rest of the beautiful collection of prints here - everything from blackout warnings to football match posters are rendered into beautiful works of art. Which is your favorite? And on a more abstract note, why oh why don't people make things this pretty anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment