Sans Ceuticals Haircare



.

Surely you all know how sensitive my skin it - not least because I never shut up about it -  but it really does seem to find new ways to annoy and thwart me at every turn. Recently, I've been having trouble with shampoos and hair products - they irritate my scalp and do nothing for my long, lifeless tresses. That is until a box arrived from Sans Ceuticalslovely little line all the way from New Zealand. The aptly named Sans is a boutique, Auckland-based haircare line that takes green to a whole new level. Entirely chemical-free, only the most potent and effective natural extracts and vitamins are used, while every effort is made to make sure ingredients are organic, locally sourced, sustainably harvested and highly active. Even the packaging is ecologically sound - the simple and chic little bottles are made of non-leaching plastics and printed with vegetable inks. 




I'll admit I was a bit doubtful trying out the line - yes the idea and ethos of the brand is great, but who hasn't had some unpleasant run-ins with so-called natural shampoos and conditioners that leave hair a limp mess of snarled tangles?. The Nourishing Hair Wash sudses up beatifully but subtly into a dense, velvety foam,  leaving hair feeling clean but not stripped. After the a few pumps of the Nourishing Hydratant (that's fancy Kiwi talk for conditioner), ends felt soft and smooth without any of that creepy silicone slickness.  To top things off, I'm in love with the beautiful scent as well - fresh, natural and softly sweet - like tangerine peel and freesia blossoms. 


All in all, a big hit here at the Blossom Shed -  pure luxury that you feel good about using. Clearly hair likes it too -  my straggly ends are softer and smoother, while my roots are less weighed down by build up and heavy silicones. I have to break the news to you now that it is rather expensive, particularly if you're used to drugstore-priced shampoos. Not everyone will be able to justify it - but I'd highly recommend the line if you have sensitive skin, are committed to using only the purest products, or have invested in expensive highlights or color that you want to gently protect. 


Should the mood strike you, you'll find Sans Ceuticals products in the US at Woodley and Bunny or Anthropologie, and in the UK at Love Lula. 

*Products was kindly provided by Sans for consideration.
Picture via Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You'll have to try it and let me know what you think! I can't get over how lovely it smells, which is alway a huge selling point for me:)

      Delete
  2. Yes, a girl can dream of a hair like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it perfect - both the color and the curls - nothing like my stick-straight mousey brown:)

      Delete
  3. I'm currently loving my Acure Organics shampoo and conditioner, but I'm always open to trying other natural/organic hair products too. It's hard to find ones that don't leave your hair feeling like straw! The scent seems incredibly yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the ticket - they do tend to leave hair so dry - this one is so nice and hydrating!

      Delete