Boscia BB Cream

As pale winter skin transitions into the spring sunshine, I've needed a little bit of help to add some glow to my dull complexion. I don't do foundation, and have yet to find a tinted moisturizer I like - so thank goodness for Boscia BB Cream - it's like a soft-focus, invisible veil for those days when just a few dabs of concealer aren't quite enough.

The color won't be for everyone - there's only one shade, and though it warms up my pale, warm skin nicely, but probably will turn orange on anyone fairer, and won't suit anyone with much darker skin. It's definitely a product that I recommend sampling first - it's unique and won't suit all skins or types - but if you're looking for light, dewy coverage that feels weightless and natural on skin, and the color is a good match, it may be your holy grail. I apply a few dots of it on moisturized skin and blend out with my fingertips - within a few minutes it really settles in and leaves skin looking sunkissed and glowy. Thicker and chalkier than a tinted moisturizer, it's a bit harder to blend at first, but seems to plump and smooth skin - the formula is silicone-heavy, but doesn't feel overly slick and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Dark shadows are lessened, redness is neutralized, and skin looks soft and natural. It lasts well throughout the day and leaves a dewy, radiant finish - there is a hint of shimmer, but it's subtle once applied and adds to the luminous finish.

I like this simply because every other similar product tends to feel like it's not doing much good for my skin - covering it up or irritating it - even my skin is claustrophobic. This feels almost weightless - I love that it has mineral-based SPF 27, gentle, natural ingredients, and actually seems to soothe and settle my complexion if anything - I like to keep it in my arsenal for days when skin is looking dull or sallow and needs a little bit of extra help. I also have to say I love the pretty tube with its Japanese wave pattern - it's allowed onto my strictly policed dressing table with other attractively packaged items, not relegated to a dreaded drawer.

You can buy Boscia's BB Cream at Sephora and Dermstore - I recommend popping into your local Sephora and getting a generous sample to take home and test out - you may find it's your summer skin must-have.

Have you tried any of the new slew of BB creams on the market? Do you have a favorite Tinted Moisturizer or light coverage foundation for the warmer months? Tell us about it below!

(product kindly supplied for consideration by Boscia)

No comments:

Post a Comment