It's (Monday). Have a drink.



Because I haven't posted one of these in ages, and this feels like the sort of Monday that we could all use a drink....



Meet the Persimmon Bitter. My sister sent me this recipe last week, and I can't wait to make it - partly because I was completely addicted to persimmons as a child. I have very early memories of always grabbing armfuls of them when going shopping with my mother, only to always find out I was holding an armful of tomatoes, which I would then drop in disgust. I must have been mildly color blind in my early years.


Strangely, I don't think I've tasted one in probably 20 years - so it's about time. I hope I still like them. Persimmons are packed with antioxidants and vitamins A and C, so you're basically drinking a healthy freshly squeezed fruit juice. With gin.


You can find the complete recipe here, but it's quite easy - just make a puree of the persimmons with simple syrup, and add gin and lime juice and shake over ice. Pour into something pretty, and let its sunny orange glow warm up your chilly winter evening.

photo via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment