Beauty Thieving - Louis Vuitton S/S 12








I'm sure I wasn't the only one to be completely captivated by the makeup for the carousel-themed Louis Vuitton S/S 12 show - not just divinely pretty, but infinitely wearable, and easily adjustable to suit any skintone. Since October I've been searching high and wide for some sort of tutorial on the look, but I can't find a thing - so I had to take matters into my own hands and make one myself. I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to do a similar, slightly easier version of the look with the above products. Apparently makeup artist Pat McGrath used 10 sets of false lashes on each eye for the show to give the incredible feathery length. This is not for me, who can manage to get just one strip caught under my eyelid or up my nose when attempting to apply. So I think a good lengthening mascara combined with some individual falsies should suffice for a toned-down version. Here's my picks for an easy, quick version that's still shimmery and sheer:






FACE Stockholm Lash Lift - I just reviewed this new mascara and praised its "doll-like" effect. Perfect for the doe eyes here.


Benefit Lash Lovelies - apply these single falsies wherever you need a little extra thickness or length, particularly the outer corners, but only after you've already put on several coats of mascara. Good luck, you'll need it.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash eye shadow - a shimmery, natural-looking champage hue on the lids.


YSL Touche Eclat - to brighten and conceal while keeping things sheer.


Benefit High Beam - I love this subtle highlighter, and like to mix it with a bit of moisturizer. Dab on cheekbones, browbones, down the bridge of the nose and above the cupids bow.


Smashbox Eye Beam Brightening Pencil - to rim the inner eye and lashline with a cool glow.


Nars lipstick in Pago Pago - this soft, peachy pink is pearly but still warm, perfect for this look.


Nars Duo in Orgasm/Albatross - Orgasm is the perfect peachy neutral for just a hint of color on the cheeks - swipe in the hollows, with Albatross along the cheekbones for contour and definition. Hello bone structure!


Redken Wool Shake Volumizer - this was used backstage to add the matte texture to model's hair - tease a bit, and pull it into messy french twist or bun and then add a thin hair band or ribbon - I love this crystalline version from Anthropologie.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the product tips for this dewy, shine. Perfect for a holiday party. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing I love more then buying makeup! Thanks for the tips!!
    xo
    Lo
    www.herlolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love buying the makeup too, just don't like having to apply it - that's why this look is so nice, it's mostly just dabbing highlighter with your fingers, and you probably have a lot of products that would work for it already - hope everybody tries out their own version, let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED the makeup. I just love nude lips. I think they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete