This was a rough week - frantic, tiring, and full of black clouds of gnats. Quite literally. So let's take a leisurely stroll 'round some lovely little things, and unwind for a quiet weekend. Don't forget to stop in at the comments and say hello! Tell us which literary hotel is your favorite. Do you take a good picture? Are you liberal or stingy with the SPF? More importantly, do you think if I bring a little appreciation card and a princess cake around to Florence Welch's house, she'll let me live there? Let's discuss below...
- An extremely useful and frighteningly detailed guide on how to apply mascara correctly.Unfortunately, it doesn't cover the old poke-yourself-in-eye-with-wand step which I can't seem to skip.
- Have a look around Florence Welch's gorgeous house. She is just the coolest, and so are her bookshelves.
- The lovely Garance Dore shares seven ways you can look better in photos. None of them work for me, but maybe you'll have more luck.
- Look at this fabulous list of literary hotels! I think I'll plan a little weekend at Thornfield Hall one of these days. Obviously doing a quick attic check first.
- Diptyque has come out with a jonquille candle, and I must have it. I go crazy for jonquil. Jonquil are kind of like narcissus, right? Narcissi? Oh never mind.
- This Swedish princess cake looks divine. I want it, and I want it now.
- This poor woman's body lotion set off airport security. If that's not an incentive to start buying greener, I don't know what is.
- The ever fabulous Beautymouth takes us through some idiot-proof SPF rules - timely, because the only time I ever burn is in the springtime. Thin air + strong sunlight = lobster shoulders and freckle moustaches.
- Aren't these random notes of appreciation adorable? Let's all stock up, and hand them out with gusto.