I'm head over heels for the orange-based, tomato red lip colors that are everywhere right now. Heaven sent for a pale, warm-toned girl like myself, they keep the bright shade looking effortless and cool - not as editorial and difficult as the bright tangerine hues, but much less formal and serious than the more classic, blue-based red lip.
These five are my top picks for their finishes, lasting power and beautiful tones - pair with a sweep of bronzer and a messy ponytail for instant, easy summer glamour....
1) Sheer and light, Le Metier de Beaute Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss in Orange Juiced adds a hint of papaya-hued shimmer - a great way to just dip your toes into the orange trend.
2) For the more adventurous, Urban Decay's Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Punch Drunk is a long-wearing, almost neon hit of bright but flattering orange with just enough red to keep it wearable - the smooth pencil leaves a slick of vinyl-style shine that lasts and lasts.
3) My favorite of this group (I've already gushed about it here) Clarins Rouge Prodige Lipstick in Clementine is like a bright, juicy fruit punch for your lips - a beautiful formulation of lasting color with a creamy, hydrating base.
4) For a cool, modern finish, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square is a gorgeous orange-based red that applies smooth and soft, leaving a rich, completely matte layer of sumptuous color.
5) The reddest of the bunch, NARS Semi-Matte Lipstick in Heat Wave looks like a classic lip but with a hint of orange that warms up skin beautifully - a touch of retro, 1940's glamour with a trendy twist.
How bright will you go this season? Do any of these shades catch your eye? Have a favorite color you can't wait to wear this summer? Tell me all about it below!